Which Type of Water Damage is Covered By Insurance? - Water Damage Repairs

Which Type of Water Damage is Covered By Insurance?

Bursting Pipe

Water damage can be a complete catastrophe and cause widespread calamity and even structural damage in a property. Moreover, it can be a notoriously difficult and expensive situation to repair. When water enters a property, it can impact several structural elements, which all need to be inspected and then repaired. That’s why it’s so important to ensure that you are covered for water damage in your home. Here, we provide insight into which type of water damage is covered by insurance.

What You Need To Know About Water Damage and Homeowners Insurance

It’s important to note initially that the type of water damage you are covered for will depend on the policy that you hold. As a general rule, many insurance policies will not cover you if the water damage you are experiencing is the result of general wear and tear or ‘gradual damage’ which is not sparked suddenly or because on an accident. Keep this in mind when trying to make a claim.


Flooding damage is often covered by insurance policies. Double-check your policy, but if your area has experienced flash flooding which has resulted in water damage, you will more than likely be able to claim compensation.

Sudden or Accidental Discharge

As opposed to gradual damage, a sudden discharge of a burst pipe will more often than not be covered by your insurance. Incidents where the water damage is sudden, and not due to something going unnoticed, will often be claimable.

Storm Damage

Similarly to flooding, sudden storm damage can often be claimed as part of a water damage insurance claim. If your home has been impacted by a storm which has caused water damage, get on to your insurers right away.

Water Damage Repairs: Specialists Who Can Help You Claim For Water Damage

For advice on water damage and how to claim on your insurance for it, get in touch with us today. We’re experts in the industry and can provide you with the advice you require. We will then work with your insurers to negotiate the very best claim possible.

To find out more about our services, please feel free to contact us today. You can find us at Water Damage Repairs, Unit 2, 1417-1419 London Road, London, SW16 4AH. Alternatively, call us on 0203 011 3238.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *